Duli Yang Teramat Mulia Paduka Seri Pengiran Perdana Wazir Sahibul Himmah Wal-Waqar Pengiran Muda Mohamed Bolkiah or His Royal Highness Prince Mohamed Bolkiah was born in 1947. He is the brother to His Majesty Sultan Haji Hassanal Bolkiah Muizzaddin Waddaulah, The Sultan and Yang Di-Pertuan of Brunei Darussalam, the 29th Sultan of Brunei and is the second son of His Majesty Sultan Haji Omar Ali Saifuddien Sa'adul Khairi Waddien, the 28th Sultan of Brunei.
His Royal Highness is married to Yang Teramat Mulia Pengiran Anak Isteri Pengiran Anak Hajah Zariah binti Al-Marhum Pengiran Pemancha Pengiran Anak Haji Mohamed Alam, the sister to Her Majesty Pengiran Anak Hajah Saleha, the Raja Isteri (Queen). His and Her Royal Highness's children:-
- Pengiran Anak Hajah Taiyibah Qalbul Bolqiah
- Pengiran Muda Abdul Qawi
- Pengiran Anak Hajah Ruqiyah Mataul Bulqiah
- Pengiran Muda Abdul Fattaah
- Pengiran Muda Abdul Mu'min
- Pengiran Anak Mansurah izzul Bolkiah
- Pengiran Muda Omar Ali
- Pengiran Anak Khaliilah Khalilatul Bolqiah
- Pengiran Anak Naafi'ah Kahirul Bulqiah
- Pengiran Muda Abdul Muqtadir
Immediately following the independence of Brunei Darussalam in 1984, His Royal Highness was appointed as the Minister of Foreign Affairs and have held the appointment since then. His Royal Highness also holds the title of the Chief Vizier (Perdana Wazir) in the Royal Court.