The BRUNEI resources Website
++ Brunei Leaders ++
His Majesty The Sultan | Her Majesty Raja Isteri | HRH Crown Prince | HRH Crown Princess Sarah | Royal Family | Legislative Council | Cabinet & Government | Civil Service | Who's Who | Web Links |
++ Brunei Information ++
General Information | National Flag & Anthem | Tourists | Visitors | Foreign Workers | Business in Brunei | Company Taxes | Hotels | Golf Haven | Music & Songs
++ Brunei Conferences ++
Financial Planning | National Day 2004 | National Day 2005 | HRD Convention | Tobacco or Health
Good Governance | Economic Development of Small States | Mosques: Platform for Monarch Leadership | Islamic Manuscripts | Education and Professionalism | Multifunctionality of Agriculture | EDP Program
++ Brunei Papers ++
Papers | Powerpoints | Policy Speeches
INTERNATIONAL HRD CONVENTION
The First International Training and Human Resources Development Convention and Exhibition in Brunei Darussalam marks a milestone in ASEAN-EC's Management Center's initiative to contribute to the regional economy by way of a most vital resource - a competent workforce.
Progress of a nation is inextricably linked to its industry, which draws strength from the talents, skills, and creativity of its people. The ASEAN-EC Management Centre has worked towards creating a workforce to meet international standards.
Learning is a process that is ongoing; one where the importance of networking beyond national boundaries cannot be stressed enough. Keeping this in mind, the ASEAN-EC Management Centre has taken the initiative to network the HR community in the region at this conference. There is much that we can learn from one another. At the same time it is important to keep the doors open for the newest ideas around the world to come in. The international speakers that the convention have brought together will provide a global perspective to the development of people for progress in the industry.
The theme of the conference is HR - Challenges and Opportunities in the New Economy. The ASEAN-EC Management Center believes that the tracks along which the theme would be explored - Strategic HRD, Learning Culture, Talent Development, Competency Development, and Performance Management are of critical importance for HRD professionals to create performance driven organisations.
In organising this event, ASEAN-EC Management Centre joins hands with Specialist Management Resources Sdn Bhd, Malaysia - an organisation that has build itself a reputation in helping people learn and perform.
The Convention and Exhibition was held at the International Conference Center from 18th to 20th January 2005.
Papers for Day 1 & Day 2
- Main Keynote Address - Challenges and Opportunities for Leaders in Developing HR in the New Economy - Tun Dr Mahathir Mohamad, Former Prime Minister of Malaysia
- Keynote 1 Day 1 - Creating Sustainable Competitive Advantage Through People and Culture - Prof Gunter K Stahl, INSEAD
- Keynote 2 Day 1 - Enhancing the Human Capital in the New Economy - David Scruggs, VP, Dale Carnegie & Associates
- Keynote 3 Day 1 - Crafting and Implementing a Strategic HR Programme for the New Economy (text) - Roberto F de Ocampo, President, Asian Institute of Management, Philippines
- Keynote 3 Day 1 - Crafting and Implementing a Strategic HR Programme for the New Economy (powerpoint) - Roberto F de Ocampo, President, Asian Institute of Management, Philippines
- Case Study Day 1 - The Ritz-Carlton Human Resources Approach - Cecelia Chia, HR Director, the Ritz-Carlton Millenia, Singapore
- Keynote 1 Day 2 - Building the New HR Base - The Brunei Perspectives - Hon Pehin Dato Abdul Aziz, Minister of Education
- Keynote 2 Day 2 - Competency Development for Superior Performance (text) - Dr Palan, Chairman Specialist Management Resources Sdn Bhd, Malaysia
- Keynote 2 Day 2 - Competency Development for Superior Performance (powerpoint) - Dr Palan, Chairman Specialist Management Resources Sdn Bhd, Malaysia
- Keynote 3 Day 2 - Leading with Emotional Intelligence - David Cory, Performance Improvement Consultant, Cory Consulting Canada
- Keynote 4 Day 2 - Performance Measurement and Management Part 1 - Christopher Mills, MD, Core Measures UK
- Keynote 4 Day 2 - Performance Measurement and Management Part 2 - Christopher Mills, MD, Core Measures UK
- Workshop 1 - Strategies to Help People Learn and Perform - Karen Ong, MD, SMR Sdn Bhd, Malaysia
- Workshop 2 - Maximising Efficiencies in the Workforce with Effective Change Management (powerpoint) - Victor Tan, Principal Consultant, KLSCC Malaysia
- Workshop 2 - Maximising Efficiencies in the Workforce with Effective Change Management (text) - Victor Tan, Principal Consultant, KLSCC Malaysia
- Workshop 3 - Maximising Talent for Maximising Results - Prakash Rohera, Director TheRedwoodEdge, India
- Workshop 4 - Implementing a strategic HR Transformation - the IT Factor - Anthony Ohara, Regional Solutions Director, Asia Pacific, Oracle Corporation