B R U N E I r e s o u r c e sTM
- - dedicated towards knowledge sharing - -
The BRUNEI resources Website
++ Brunei Leaders ++
His Majesty The Sultan | Her Majesty Raja Isteri | HRH Crown Prince | HRH Crown Princess Sarah | Royal Family | Legislative Council | Cabinet & Government | Civil Service | Who's Who | Web Links |
++ Brunei Information ++
General Information | National Flag & Anthem | Tourists | Visitors | Foreign Workers | Business in Brunei | Company Taxes | Hotels | Golf Haven | Music & Songs
++ Brunei Conferences ++
Financial Planning | National Day 2004 | National Day 2005 | HRD Convention | Tobacco or Health
Good Governance | Economic Development of Small States | Mosques: Platform for Monarch Leadership | Islamic Manuscripts | Education and Professionalism | Multifunctionality of Agriculture | EDP Program
++ Brunei Papers ++
Papers | Powerpoints | Policy Speeches
THE HONOURABLE PEHIN DATO HAJI YAHYA
YANG BERHORMAT PEHIN ORANG KAYA SERI UTAMA DATO SERI PADUKA AWANG HAJI YAHYA BIN BEGAWAN MUDIM DATO PADUKA HAJI BAKAR is the Minister for Energy at the Prime Minister's Office. He was previously the PERMANENT SECRETARY I at the Prime Minister's Office. He holds many other portfolios including being the Chairman of Brunei Investment Agency.
Date of Birth : 4 May 1954
Spouse : Datin Dayang Hajjah Norlina binti Dato Haji Abu Bakar
Children : 5 children: 2 sons and 3 daughters
- B.A. (Hons) Economics (United Kingdom)
- M.A. International Law and Diplomacy (United States)
- Diploma in Education (Singapore)
- 1979 - 1983 : Education Officer
- 1983 - 1987 : Administrative Officer at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs
- 1987 - 1989 : Deputy Director-General ASEAN, Ministry of Foreign Affairs
- 1989 - 1990 : Director, Economics Department, Ministry of Foreign Affairs
- 1990 - 1992 : Private and Confidential Secretary to His Royal Highness Prince Mohamed Bolkiah, Minister of Foreign Affairs
- 1992 - Sept 1997 : Senior Administrative Officer, Office of His Majesty the Sultan and Yang Di-Pertuan of Brunei Darussalam
- 1997 to 2005 : Permanent Secretary at the Prime Minister's Office
- 7 July 1999 -
9 May 2000 : Also appointed as Director of the Anti Corruption Bureau in addition to the appointment as Permanent Secretary at the Prime Minister's Office
- 24 May 2005 to present : Minister of Energy, Prime Minister's Office
Other Positions Held In Government and Government Agencies
- Acting Chairman of the Board of Directors of Brunei Investment Agnecy (BIA)
- A member of the Brunei Oil and Gas Authority (BOGA)
- A member of the Board of Directors of Brunei Shell Petroleum (BSP) Company Sendiran Berhad.
- A member of the Board of Directors of the Semaun Holding Company Sendirian Berhad.
- A member of the Board of Directors of the Semaunprim Company Sendirian Berhad.
- A member of the Board of Directors of SEIWA Enterprise Sendirian Berhad.
- A member of the Board of Directors of SEAGRO Sendirian Berhad.
- A member of the Board of Directors of SEMAUN SEAFOOD Sendirian Berhad.
Honours and Decorations
- Conferred the title of Pehin Orang Kaya Seri Utama on the 11 July 1996
- Conferred with the following Honours and Decoration:
- The Most Honourable Order of Seri Paduka Mahkota of Brunei - First Class (SPMB) - July 1998 (carries the title Dato Seri Paduka)
- The Most Blessed Order of Setia Negara Brunei - Second Class (DSNB) - July 1995 (Carries the title of Dato Setia)
- The Most Honourable Order of Seri Paduka Mahkota Brunei - Third Class (SMB) - July 1994
- Pingat Indah Kerja Baik (PIKB) - 1989
- Pingat Jasa Kebaktian (PJK) - 15/2/1999
- Honorary Commander of the Royal Victorian Order (CVO) (UK) - 1992
- Honorary Commandeur De La Legion D'Houneur (France) - 1997
Hobbies and Sports
Reading and Badminton.
(c) BRUNEIresources.com, 2005. All Rights Reserved.
Best viewed on Mozilla Firefox.
Website designed by Qasrun Nafis (Raw HTML & NotePad).
Background graphic 'jongsarat' designed by the late Musdi Gapar.