B R U N E I r e s o u r c e sTM
- - dedicated towards knowledge sharing - -
The BRUNEI resources Website
++ Brunei Leaders ++
His Majesty The Sultan | Her Majesty Raja Isteri | HRH Crown Prince | HRH Crown Princess Sarah | Royal Family | Legislative Council | Cabinet & Government | Civil Service | Who's Who | Web Links |
++ Brunei Information ++
General Information | National Flag & Anthem | Tourists | Visitors | Foreign Workers | Business in Brunei | Company Taxes | Hotels | Golf Haven | Music & Songs
++ Brunei Conferences ++
Financial Planning | National Day 2004 | National Day 2005 | HRD Convention | Tobacco or Health
Good Governance | Economic Development of Small States | Mosques: Platform for Monarch Leadership | Islamic Manuscripts | Education and Professionalism | Multifunctionality of Agriculture | EDP Program
++ Brunei Papers ++
Papers | Powerpoints | Policy Speeches
THE HONOURABLE PEHIN DATO HAJI HAZAIR ABDULLAH
YANG BERHORMAT PEHIN ORANG KAYA PEKERMA LAILA DIRAJA DATO SERI SETIA HAJI HAZAIR BIN HAJI ABDULLAH is the Minister of Culture, Youth and Sports and as a member of the Legislative Council since May 2010. Prior to that he was Deputy Minister of Health from 2005 to 2010. Before he was appointed into political office, previously he was PERMANENT SECRETARY II at the Prime Minister's Office where he was also Chairman of Royal Brunei Airlines.
Date of Birth : 6th August 1953 - Brunei Town
Spouse : Datin Hajah Rosnah binti PDIS Dato Haji Johari
Children : 4 children: 2 daughters and 2 sons
- Schools and College Attended: Berakas School, Delima Satu School, Sultan Omar Ali Saifuddin College
- Academic Qualifications: BA (Hons) Modern Studies from North Staffordshire Polytechnic, United Kingdom
- Courses Attended: Oxford University - Foreign Service Course, Australian Foreign Service Course, Canberra. Senior Executive Course, London Business School
- 1979 : Attachment at the Education Department
- 1979 - 1981 : Administrative Officer, Establishment Office
- 1981 : Administrative Officer, Office of the General Adviser to His Majesty the Sultan and Yang Di-Pertuan of Brunei Darussalam
- 1981 : Administrative Officer, Diplomatic Service Department
- 1982 - 1984 : 2nd Secretary, Brunei Darussalam High Commission, Kuala Lumpur
- 1984 - 1985 : 1st Secretary, Brunei Darussalam High Commission, London
- 1986 - 1991 : Senior Administrative Officer, Office of the Special Adviser to His Majesty the Sultan and Yang Di-Pertuan of Brunei Darussalam in the Prime Minister's Office
- 1991 - 1996 : Director of Information, Prime Minister's Office
- 1996 - 1997 : Senior Administrative Officer, Prime Minister's Office
- 1 October 1997 : Permanent Secretary, Prime Minister's Office cum Director of Broadcasting
- 24 May 2005 : Deputy Minister of Health
- 29 May 2010 : Minister of Culture, Youth and Sports
Honours and Decorations
- The Most Blessed Order of the Setia Negara Brunei - First Class (PSNB) - July 2010 (Carries the title Dato Seri Setia)
- The Most Honourable Order of Seri Paduka Mahkota Brunei - Second Class(DPMB) - July 1998 (Carries the title Dato Paduka)
- The Most Honourable Order of Seri Paduka Mahkota Brunei - Third Class (SMB) - July 1993
- The Most Blessed Order of Setia Negara Brunei - Fourth Class (PSB) - July 1990
- Meritorous Service Medal (PJK) - November 1996
- Pingat Indah Kerja Baik (PIKB) - February 1987
- Pingat Jubli Perak - October 1992
Hobbies and Sports
Golf and fishing.
(c) BRUNEIresources.com, 2005-2012. All Rights Reserved.
Best viewed on Mozilla Firefox.
Website designed by Qasrun Nafis (Raw HTML & NotePad).
Background graphic 'jongsarat' designed by the late Musdi Gapar.